Friday, August 14, 2026

 Kinder Der Nacht (2000) – Heiko Bender/Oliver Kuppers/Marcus Laibacher/Simone Schneider.

German Gothic S.O.V weirdy appears to concern the investigation into the death of a lavender haired Gothic dude that leads to macabre revelations of malign dope-peddlers, Satanic Blood cultists, Evil Deaded forestry, the nefarious production of a potent psychoactive substance, lava hot German Goth hotties, and a banging industrial EBM score. My German couldn't fully circumnavigate the beef with the increasingly brutal gangsters, so I simply let the oddness wash over me like an opiated electro-Goth fever dream! Much like the more insalubrious Jess Franco titles, the copious T&A, while a not unwelcome distraction, felt entirely arbitrary. The ruthless gangsters want the recipe for this demonized crack by any means necessary, so the Gothic crew tool up, leading bloodily to an inevitably bullet-blasted showdown.


As a Brucie bonus, one of the comic book villains eerily looks like the angriest love child borne of David Vincent and Pete Steel! For a lo-fi, no budget S.O.V schlocker, there are a number of gnarly ideas, namely this Lovecraftian designer drug that turns its abusers into excessively violent, devil-possessed berserkers. I can't state with absolutely surety whether Kinder Der Nacht is a cine-cult in the offing, or a bag of steaming schwantzes, perhaps a little of both? Either way, it strongly suggested to me that I am watching far too many sketchy genre films of late. I don't wish to end on a disparaging note, but even with subtitles, I'm not wholly convinced Kinder Der Nacht would make that much more sense!







No comments:

Post a Comment

  Kinder Der Nacht (2000) – Heiko Bender/Oliver Kuppers/Marcus Laibacher/Simone Schneider. German Gothic S.O.V weirdy appears to concern th...