Monday, September 14, 2026

 Demon Divas and The Lanes of Damnation. (2009) – Mike Watt.

'I can't believe I ate the whole thing??!!!'

Things go supernaturally askew during some boozy sorority shenanigans at a local bowling alley hang-out, as the sultry owners of the joint get their demon on! Having a lurid moniker like Demon Divas and The Lanes of Damnation, no one is going to expect nuanced film-making on the level of Bela Tarr, or Andrezj Zulawski, and with a slinky-malinky cast of bouncy B-screamers, including icons Brinke Stevens and dishy Debbie Rochon, one may expect plentiful top-popping, smutty banter, and righteous levels of schlocky splatter-a-rama-ding-dong! I think that it is entirely fair to say that this is one horned-up horror-com that will encourage the more excitable members of the audience to give their balls a vigorous polish! Mean Girls spliced with Gutterballs, all smothered in the pungent aroma of Troma and y'all get the unholy spawning of Demon Divas and The Lanes of Damnation. This is a fun n' frisky B-Horror ride, expect quality buffoonery, sparky badinage, and a goofy gore-blasted climax! Taffy (Sofiya Smirnova) and her bestie Lisa (Nikki McCrae) are likeable, wholly sympathetic protagonists, and I also massively dug on the deliciously demonic antagonists, making this, pretty much, a win-win deal. Demon Divas and The Lanes of Damnation is light on T&A, but it gets a pass, since it is a genuinely funny, playful, consistently entertaining B-Horror lark!









No comments:

Post a Comment

  Demon Divas and The Lanes of Damnation. (2009) – Mike Watt. 'I can't believe I ate the whole thing??!!!' Things go supernatur...