Tuesday, April 23, 2024

'Soul Survivors' (2001) - Steve Carpenter.

I watched this for all the right reason, Eliza Dushku! I'd happily file this under Hallmark horror, as it is a moderately spooksome romantic metaphysical chiller. I pretty much dug most of it, the nu metal/pop industrial soundtrack worked for me, and the occasional 'ohhhh! What's going on 'ere then? Moments maintained my interest. Dushku rocks consistently, I certainly didn't buy Luke Wilson as a priest, and moody Wes Bentley is surly/frowny for much of the duration. The final lachrymose scene is mawkishly written, but it didn't get in the way of Dushku rocking pretty hard in all her scenes!  You could deffo watch Soul Survivors with your nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Kung Fu Master Named Drunk Cat' (1978) – Cheung Sum. Director Cheung Sum successfully created a durable, amusingly whacky, pan...